Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Reaching you

In each others' arms, we have found haven.
Years of sacrifice and we are still here, standing still, as if  we are indestructible.
There were ups and downs, yet the faith is still alive.
All these because through thick and thin, we are on each others' side.
It may still be a mystery how our paths have been tangled,
yet even if given the chance to change reality, I would still choose to be with that same good friend.
Who had been my family for years, the one who accepted me without buts nor whys.
Who keeps on strengthening me to conquer my fears when some of which are still unconquered.
The one who does not even know how life becomes lighter when I am at her side.
Moments with no worries, even though problems continue to arrive.
Just without pretensions, nor words to express, 'cause with you, I can go beyond my comfort zones.
Knowing that whatever happens, you will still accept me with both arms opened,
either as friend or as sister until the very end.
Uncertain where the future will take us, wishing we are still together during those times.
I am somehow scared knowing that I might face the future alone, without you by my side,
but I believe that there will be no goodbyes, nor distance too far
There will be no separations nor drifting apart, 'cause we are bound by this unfathomable thing in our hearts.
There will be no sadness, 'cause we have those happy moments within our deepest memories.
There will be no chaos for knowing that you will be there no matter what, everything seems to turn so clear.
There will be no spaces nor gaps because you are always near, within this pumping thing.
Different paths we may decide to cross,
Different people we may come across.
There may be times, when we will seem so lost,
Remember that you can always have this space in my arms, your haven.
We may no longer be the first to hear each other's secrets,
We may not be able to share those same old sentiments,
We may no longer be the first for each other to rely on,
or we may barely see each other,
Remember that you still got this one friend, willing to hear all your dramas though she does not know how to express.
Sorry for all the shortcomings.
For the things I have said or done which might have hurt your feelings,
For the times I was not there when you needed me most,
For the times I have let you down,
I know, this is not enough to express what I truly feel,
but this is my way of letting you know the things that I have never thought I would say.
We were too happy to have not noticed how the years have passed.
As much as I always want us to be together, we will still never know where our dreams will take us one day.
Even though we may never get to share the same laughter,
or the reasons of our smiles may become different from one another,
Be reminded that we are just under the same sky, looking above the same moon.
Connected by the friendship that bound us for years,
by the memories that together we have made, by the time which made us stronger than we were.

Before this ends,
I want to thank you for everything.
For the carefree moments when we seemed to have forgotten our sanity,
For the moments when we were just who we are,
For the moments when we are happy, just happy even without expressing how happy we were,
For accepting me the way I am; lost, plain and oftentimes forgetful,
For believing in me though I suck at doing many things,
For embracing the weird sides of me; those which I have chosen not to let everyone around see,
For listening to my secrets, my dramas; those things which I am shy of telling others besides you,
For being straightforward each time I make things complicated,
For being one of those who have made this part of my life filled with colors and meaning.

Thanks for being a part of this four-year roller coaster ride :)

No comments:

Post a Comment