Monday, June 1, 2015

A friendship poem

Ours is a friendship tested by distance and time,
A friendship that no one in this world will be able to define
Together, we may no longer often share the same experience,
But still, I feel complacent by merely knowing your existence.

Ours is a friendship that seems like a roller-coaster ride,
There were ups and downs indeed; yet we still end up on each other’s side
There were times I may feel extremely sad or I may cry my heart out,
But you were never tired of wiping my tears and making me smile.

Ours is a friendship built not by any promises nor expectations,
But the one bonded purely even we have crossed separate paths and directions
Right now indeed, we hardly see each other,
But it’s still the countless memories we had together that I really treasure.

Ours is a friendship willing to understand and to listen,
The one that is as calm as the scintillating stars during the nights in heaven
We barely say or express what we truly feel,
But no words are needed for with you; even the slightest moment seems surreal.

Ours is a friendship willing to support and even to sacrifice,
But martyrdom is not the word and is not the thing in it will suffice
Just be reminded that whenever the odds conspire against you,
I’ll just be at your back knowing you’ll do the same thing for me too.


P.S. This one's for my "bespren". You know who you are ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment